Nepean Valley Funerals offers a complete service in the arrangement of Catholic Funerals. Our experienced funeral directors have a sound understanding of the rites of the Catholic Church and they will guide you through the planning process with utmost care and dignity.
We ensure that your loved one is farewelled in the manner that you would expect in accordance with the Catholic faith. We have a strong relationship with our Catholic Parishes and Clergy as well as singers and organists familiar with the complete range of hymns and Requiem Mass settings. We also organise complete Mass Booklets and Holy Cards.
It is because of our understanding that we are the Catholic Cemeteries & Crematoria Preferred Partner in the Penrith and Western Sydney region. We offer a range of pre-paid and pre-arranged funeral packages to suit your financial needs.
Cremation and Burial Services
Cremations are now a suitable practice for Catholics and have been since 1963. Burial options include below ground lawn or monumental graves, while above ground we offer crypt, family vault or mausoleum interments. You can choose from a large range of coffins and caskets. Some of which are of particular significance to people of the Catholic faith.
We’re partnered with Catholic Cemeteries & Crematoria, which is the largest not-for-profit cemetery organisation in Australia. CCC oversees all aspects of the burial or cremation process, such as choosing your place of burial or memorial, plaques, ornamentations (niche walls, gardens and family trees) and preserving its place for future generations to come visit and reflect upon.
Whether you choose burial or cremation, there are five convenient cemetery locations across western Sydney, including:
- Kemps Creek (includes Sydney’s only Natural Burial Park)
- North Rocks
These locations offer peace and tranquillity for your loved one as well as the only truly consecrated ground. They’re a place where friends and family can come together and celebrate the life of the departed soul, whose memories can be cherished for many generations to come.
Professional Funerals Services
There are few services that are as sensitive or as personal as those provided by your funeral director. Our role is to make sure your wishes, and, if known the wishes of the deceased, are carried out…just the way they should be.
Our services to you include:
- Available 24hrs / 7 days a week
- Mortuary Transfer from the place of death into our care
- Mortuary care
- Contacting hospitals, doctors or coroner to obtain necessary documentation
- Assistance with the selection and purchase of a coffin or casket in accordance with your wishes and budget
- Liaising with churches, clergy, cemeteries and crematoria
- Registration of death and obtaining Death Certificate
- Placement of newspaper notices
- Liaising with florists, musicians, funeral stationery and other service providers
- Provision of all necessary staff and vehicles on the day of the funeral
- Complimentary memorial book provided for guests to sign
- Complimentary online memorial through Heaven Address
- Grief support available to all families
24 Hour Advice and Support
We are available 24 hrs/7 days to assist you and answers your questions. Through our partnership with Catholic Cemeteries and Crematoria, we have access to a Bereavement Support team who are available to our families.
For any enquiries about our Catholic Funerals services, call (02) 4722 8222 or fill out our online contact form and we’ll get back to you with your enquiry.